What are the Advantages of Balloon Sinuplasty?
A FESS procedure, (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery or FESS), is performed under general anesthesia and usually results in some post-operative discomfort and bleeding. Recovery time is normally several days but can last much longer.
Alternatively, Balloon Dilation performed at the New Orleans Sinus Center is a simple and quick endoscopic procedure that opens/reshapes the sinus passages without tissue removal.
Balloon Dilation offers a much quicker recovery with less pain and bleeding since no tissue is removed. No packing is needed after surgery. Patients may only need mild sedation for the procedure and recovery time is only 1-2 days with many patients resuming normal activity within hours. In some cases, Balloon Dilation can be done in the office.
- Local Anesthesia: Balloon Dilation In-Office is an option for patients who decline or are ineligible for general anesthesia.
- Fast Recovery: While recovery time varies with each patient, most patients who undergo the in-office procedure can return to normal activities and work within 2 days.
- Comfortable Surroundings: Experience the procedure in the comfort of our office rather than a hospital operating room.
- High Patient Satisfaction: The majority of patients who had Balloon Dilation In-Office would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
- Potential for Significant Cost Savings
Some eligible patients may have lower out-of-pocket costs if the procedure is performed in a lower cost of care setting, such as a physician’s office.
Contact New Orleans Sinus Center to learn more about this exciting new surgical option for your sinusitis symptoms.