What is Nasal Airway Obstruction?
Nasal Airway Obstruction gives you the feeling of a congested or blocked nose and substantially reduces the amount of air you are able to inhale. Let’s start with what your nasal passage looks like.
Your "nasal valve" is a triangular area inside your nasal passage created by three things:
- The narrow ridge of bone and cartilage, called the Septum, that separates your nostrils,
- Fingerlike structures, called Turbinates, which warm, moisten and channel air as it enters your nose, and
- Side tissue that forms the outer wall of your nose, known as the Lateral Wall.
If any of these structures is enlarged, the overall area in the nasal valve is decreased, causing Nasal Airway Obstruction and reducing the airflow through your nasal passage. This lower volume of air may lead to additional symptoms like
- Chronic nasal congestion or stuffiness
- Persistent feeling of nasal blockage or obstruction
- Difficulty breathing through your nose
- Snoring, difficulty sleeping
- Inability to get enough air during physical activities
How is Nasal Airway Obstruction Treated?
Historically, if you suffered from Nasal Airway Obstruction, you had two treatment choices.
Options like breathing strips, nasal dilators, and sprays, that must be used on a continuous basis. Sometimes they do not solve the obstruction issue, and even if they do, they don’t give you a permanent solution.
TRATIONAL NASAL SURGERY
This is a more radical approach that is intended to be permanent. It does involve pain, a typically lengthy recovery, and end results that are not always curative.
Advances in treatment, now give you a third choice - VIVAER®.
VIVAER® offers a treatment for nasal airway obstruction with significant benefits and without the disadvantages.
It’s Fast, Convenient and Comfortable
- performed in the comfort of our office
- requires only local anesthetic
- total procedure takes about 15 minutes
- uses no implants, causes no exterior change
It’s also Simple, Non-Invasive and Unique
- needs no incisions or tissue removal
- no cutting, no destruction of tissue
- you can return to your normal activities right away
- uses a proven, proprietary technology that gently reshapes your nasal airway with radiofrequency
Wouldn’t you like a treatment that’s Effective, Proven and has Documented Success?
Clinical studies performed in the U.S. and Europe demonstrated significant improvement in nasal obstruction symptoms, previously seen only with invasive surgical treatment. Patients had a 94% response to VIVAER® treatment, an 88% overall rate of satisfaction, and 0% serious adverse effects from the procedure. 2
If you struggle just to get enough air, you may be a candidate for treatment with VIVAER®.
Nasal Airway Remodeling with VIVAER® delivers results beyond expectations. 1
Find out if you are a candidate to breathe easier with VIVAER®
Schedule your evaluation!
- Rhee, JS et al. A Systematic Review of Patient Reported Nasal Obstruction Scores, JAMA FacialPlastSurg. 2014;16(3):219-2